“When I am gone, the teachings will be the guru, Through the YSS teachings you will be in tune with me and the great Gurus who sent me” – Paramahansa Yogananda
We are happy to announce ‘Group Lesson Reading’, a new initiative at Pune Dhyana Kendra, commencing from 3rd December 2017. These sessions are aimed at helping devotees read the lessons regularly, in an atmosphere of concentration and devotion.
Details about Lesson Reading Session
- A member volunteer will read aloud one lesson, in English, from the Yogoda Satsanga Lessons. Members who attend this session will silently read from their own copy, following the reader’s lead.
Time and Venue
- The Lesson Reading Session will be conducted from 3 pm to 3.45 pm on Sundays, directly before the weekly Sunday evening group meditation session, at the Pune Dhyana Kendra- Law College Road. The first lesson will be read on 3rd December 2017.
Guidelines for attending these sessions
- All those who have enrolled for Yogoda Satsanga Self Realization Lessons can attend.
- There will be no discussion of any points during or after the Lessons Reading among the members.
- Members should have a copy of the lesson being read with them.
- Members should read through the lesson before attending the reading session.
In her introductory letter to new students of Yogoda Satsanga Lessons, Sri Daya Mata wrote:
"As your read the Yogoda Lessons, I know Paramahansaji would urge you to remember that you will absorb much more if you proceed slowly. Ponder every line. Consider its relationship to every phase of your life, never read quickly unless you intend a subsequent careful review. One week is really a minimum time for studying one of these lessons in Self Realization, if you want to make their deep truth your own. "
We hope this initiative will help many to make a regular habit of studying our valuable YSS Lessons.